If you are planning your upcoming
Smokies getaway, come Worship with us, where You are 'family'...amongst a bunch of folk who just 'FLAT-OUT LOVE THE
December 12th, 2004
Pastor Tony Sutton
||AS WE LOOK AT THE THINGS IN
OUR LIFE, SET-BACKS, VALLEYS, MOUNTAINS, ROAD-BLOCKS,
TROUBLES, AND TRIALS WE CAN SEE THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY
TAKEN PLACE HOW THAT GOD WORKED HIS WILL, IN EACH OF THEM.
WE SOMETIMES CAN'T SEEM TO SEE THE REAL PICTURE BUT THE ONE
THAT SATAN HAS PAINTED, TO DELAY US. DO NOT ALLOW THE DEVIL
TO PAINT A PICTURE OF DEFEAT AND FALL FOR IT. "GREATER
IS HE THAT IS IN ME THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD"
- 2Ki 6:8 Then the king of Syria warred against Israel, and
took counsel with his servants, saying, In such and such a
place shall be my camp.
- 2Ki 6:9 And the man of God sent unto the king of Israel,
saying, Beware that thou pass not such a place; for thither
the Syrians are come down.
- 2Ki 6:10 And the king of Israel sent to the place which the
man of God told him and warned him of, and saved himself
there, not once nor twice.
- 2Ki 6:11 Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore
troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said
unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of
- 2Ki 6:12 And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O
king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the
king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.
- 2Ki 6:13 And he said, Go and spy where he is, that I may
send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, he is
- 2Ki 6:14 Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and
a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city
- 2Ki 6:15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen
early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both
with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas,
my master! how shall we do?
- 2Ki 6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us
are more than they that be with them.
- 2Ki 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee,
open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes
of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was
full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
- 2Ki 6:18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto
the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with
blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the
word of Elisha.
- 2Ki 6:19 And Elisha said unto them, This is not the way,
neither is this the city: follow me, and I will bring you to
the man whom ye seek. But he led them to Samaria.
- 2Ki 6:20 And it came to pass, when they were come into
Samaria, that Elisha said, LORD, open the eyes of these men,
that they may see. And the LORD opened their eyes, and they
saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.
- 2Ki 6:21 And the king of Israel said unto Elisha, when he
saw them, My father, shall I smite them? shall I smite them?
- 2Ki 6:22 And he answered, Thou shalt not smite them:
wouldest thou smite those whom thou hast taken captive with
thy sword and with thy bow? set bread and water before them,
that they may eat and drink, and go to their master.
- 2Ki 6:23 And he prepared great provision for them: and when
they had eaten and drunk, he sent them away, and they went to
their master. So the bands of Syria came no more into the land
- NATURAL MAN - 1Corinthians 2:14 CAN'T KNOW SPIRITUAL
- COMMON SENSE - Matthew 14:29 COMMON SENSE SAYS YOU CAN'T
- OPEN EYES - Joh 9:10 HOW? ALL I KNOW IS I WAS BLIND AND
NOW I SEE
- UNDERSTANDING - Philippians 4:7 PEACE OF GOD THAT KEEPS
YOUR MIND AND HEART THROUGH CHRIST JESUS.
Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman
that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of